Wintermage Wintermage

Insane!

Can't say I beat the game, it's pretty damned hard, but I'm not complaining!
Back in the day, video games were nerve-wracking, if anything this kind of pays homage to that. I love the 3D and the art, even though some may find it sloppy, I find it artistic.
Love the game 5/5.
Keep it up, man!

Dream of the Ocean Dream of the Ocean

I like this idea alot. It seems very abstract, but it's still really fun. ^__^
Keep up the good work!

Escape From Melakka Escape From Melakka

I'm not quite sure the reason, but this seems to be an exact clone of Diamond Hollows.
Only in a medieval setting.
Other than that, it's awesome.

gladius2metal responds:

hi, I used Diamond Hollow as an inspiration - I told the developer already. The funny thing is, I think Diamond Hollow is way more complex and has many more features, hence I thought only I could see the connection.

Valthirian Arc Valthirian Arc

This is quite a concept you've got going here. Something original--something that you don't tend to see much anymore--I would love to see this funded by a game company and turned into a full fledged console game. I mean it, you really should look into getting published.

I suppose what you're looking for is a review, though. So here you are:

The animation? Effing brilliant. Both the illustrations outside of missions and the pixelated sprite characters/background art during missions are superb. I'd even go as far as to say flawless. The only complaint I have in this area is that the students ALL LOOK THE SAME. It does get a bit boring to have the same student with a different name over and over, but hey, that shit takes work.

Audio. Dude. I don't even. . . Everything from the voices to the birds and waterfalls in the background to the noise that you get when you click--they all sound perfect and blend together well.
Being a Digital Arts and Design student, I know the amount of work involved in sound recording. It's a tedious and frustrating process, but none of these sounds all are of high quality. They definitely don't sound like some random noises you downloaded from some site. They sound legitimately recorded. The voices, in particular, don't sound corny or overemphasized. No complaints here.

Gameplay is perfect for what this game is supposed to be. I dunno what else to say, really. Awesome stuff.